[Back to Calendar]
CMS “Two-Midnight” Rule for Inpatient A
December 10, 2013
CMS “Two-Midnight” Rule for Inpatient Admissions
This new rule was contained in the 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System Final Rule issued by CMS. The presentation will address:
* CMS’s distinction between a two-midnight "presumption" and a "benchmark" Speakers include: Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs attorneys: Rosalind Cordini, and Jennifer L. Wintergerst
* Services that can be counted toward the two-midnight threshold and when the clock begins on an admission
* New procedures hospitals should implement to make sure they follow this new standard
* Options available to hospitals should they receive a denial of Part A inpatient hospital claims or identify an overpayment on audit
* Suggested documentation in light of the new two-midnight rule
* The "probe and educate" implementation period
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance for any refunds or credits. Substitutions will be allowed.
Pricing will be adjusted for LBA members when registration is processed.
||The Louisville Bar Association Health Law Section
Chair: Jennifer L. Wintergerst, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs
Vice-Chair: Rosalind Cordini, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs
through 1:00 PM
Registration 11:45 a.m.;
CLE: Noon - 1 p.m.
||Louisville Bar Center, 600 W. Main St.
||2.0 CLE Credits - Approved
|Course Material Only:
Vegetarian Option Available ($7.00) by calling 502-583-5314
Standard (non-vegetarian) Lunch - $7.00
|Purchase Course or Course Material